- Only schools located in the United States may enter the Carton 2 Garden Contest
- An adult team leader at least 18 years of age must register and upload the school’s entry.
- Grade level awards are divided into Elementary and Middle/ High School. Elementary includes grades PreK- 5 and Middle/High School includes grades 6-12. Note: to be eligible to enter, PreK classes must be located at a school that also serves older grade levels.
- Teams must collect and use a minimum of 100 cartons in their project.
- Any size cartons will be accepted, including cartons from the school cafeteria or from the grocery store.
- Cartons may be painted, varnished or left as raw-finished.
- Supporting materials may be used, but should only comprise a small percentage of the final creation. Supporting materials made of natural, renewable resources (wood, newspaper, cardboard, etc.) are strongly encouraged.
- In order to be eligible for the grand prize or the specialty prizes, teams must also submit a video link for their project. Videos must be under 5 minutes. A signed release form must be provided for each visible student. Failure to do so will eliminate those images from your entry.
- All entries that submit at least the minimum requirements (entry form and up to 10 photos) will be eligible for prizes. Entries that are eligible for the grand prize and specialty prizes must also submit the minimum requirement (entry form and up to 10 photos), and in addition, a visual element (video link) telling the story of the project in its entirety in under 5 minutes from planning and the carton drive to the finished product.
- All entries must include signed release forms for students who are recognizable in the photos or video. You can find the release form HERE. You must use the official Carton 2 Garden Photo Release Form. We cannot accept any alternate release forms. The official parental release form is also available in Spanish.
- Only one prize per team per contest will be awarded.
- Entries must not contain illegal content, profanity, obscenity, discriminatory or disparaging statements or content that violates a third party’s rights.
A panel of judges will review all eligible entries received and select the winners. The decisions of these judges are final and binding. If we do not receive a sufficient number of eligible entries, we may, at our discretion, select fewer than 15 winners. In the event of a tie between any eligible entries, the tie will be broken by an additional judge who will judge the tied entries based on the criteria listed above. Prizing is limited to one award per entry, per semester.
If you are a winning team leader, we will notify you by sending a message to the e-mail address listed on your entry within seven (7) days following the official announcement of the winners. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award the prize to an alternate selected winning team leader. If there is a dispute as to who is the winning team leader, we will consider the potential winning team leader to be the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter the Contest.
By entering this Contest you agree and/or understand:
- To abide by these Official Rules
- To the extent allowed by law, to release and hold harmless Evergreen Packaging Inc., its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest or any prize won;
- That Evergreen Packaging Inc.’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Contest
- That Evergreen Packaging Inc. may use your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Contest, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
- This Contest will be governed by the laws of the State of Tennessee, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of Tennessee courts (state and federal) for any disputes arising out of this Contest.
Other than what is set forth below, we are not claiming any ownership rights to your entry. However, by submitting your entry, you
- Are granting us an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to: (i) use, review, assess, test and otherwise analyze your entry and all its content in connection with this Contest; and (ii) feature your entry and all its content in connection with the promotion of this Contest in all media (now known or later developed);
- Agree to sign any necessary documentation that may be required for us and our designees to make use of the rights you granted above;
- Understand and acknowledge that we may have developed or commissioned materials similar or identical to your submission and you waive any claims you may have resulting from any similarities to your entry;
- Understand that we cannot control the incoming information you will disclose to our representatives in the course of entering, or what our representatives will remember about your entry. You also understand that we will not restrict work assignments of representatives who have had access to your entry. By entering this Contest, you agree that use of information in our representatives’ unaided memories in the development or deployment of our products or services does not create liability for us under this agreement or copyright or trade secret law;
- Understand that you will not receive any compensation or credit for use of your entry, other than what is described in these Official Rules
Please note that following the end of this Contest your entry may be posted on a website selected by us for viewing by visitors to that website. We are not responsible for any unauthorized use of your entry by visitors to this website. While we reserve these rights, we are not obligated to use your entry for any purpose, even if it has been selected as a winning entry.
If you do not want to grant us these rights to your entry, please do not enter this Contest.